It’s no secret that a clean business is a productive business. In fact, companies are forced to shut down every day because of their inability to keep up with sanitation demands. The Abbott Nutrition plant in Michigan is a prime example – forced to close down because of “egregiously unsanitary” conditions. That closure initiated a baby formula shortage and increased prices of available formula, demonstrating the power of cleaning to maintain business continuity. The lesson here is that a dirty workplace can have far-reaching effects.
The unfortunate events at the Abbott Nutrition plant should serve as a reminder that proper sanitation is essential for businesses to remain productive and successful. Consider the following factors when planning your commercial cleaning services budget:
- Health and Safety Regulations: Companies must meet specific health and safety regulations to stay open for business. Businesses must keep up with these standards or risk facing costly fines—or worse, business closure.
- Employee Health: Employees need to feel safe and comfortable to be productive at work, and a clean workspace is essential for this. Studies have shown that a dirty environment affects employees’ mental states, reducing motivation and productivity.
- Customer Experience: Customers will form an opinion of a business based on its physical appearance. A clean environment conveys a sense of professionalism and trustworthiness, which leads to customer retention and loyalty.
- Consult your cleaning service: A reliable and professional cleaning service will be able to provide the best advice for how much and what kind of cleaning services you need, based on the size and type of your business.
- Think long-term: Investing in a quality cleaning service now could save you money and hassle later. Preventative maintenance is always the best way to ensure your business will remain clean and productive for years to come.
Businesses need to consider commercial cleaning services as an investment in their future success – not just an expense. Keeping your workplace clean and up-to-date with health and safety regulations will help ensure the well-being of employees and customers and improve productivity. And the Rugsies team can be an essential partner in keeping your business competitive – both now and in the future.