If you’ve just had your carpets professionally cleaned, congratulations! You have made an excellent investment in the appearance and health of your home. But it’s important to remember that proper maintenance is essential to preserving the results of your cleaning.
Here are five tips for keeping your carpets looking and smelling great long after the professionals have left!
1. Wait before walking. Once your carpets have been cleaned, try to keep everyone off of them for a few hours. This will give the carpet time to dry completely and prevent any dirt or debris from getting trapped in wet fibers.
2. Take your shoes off. One of the best ways to keep carpets clean is simply taking your shoes off when you enter the home. The bottom of your shoes is full of dirt, mold, bacteria, and other gross things you can transfer to your.
3. Vacuum regularly. This one may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s crucial to vacuum your carpets regularly. This will help to remove any dirt or debris since your last cleaning.
4. Clean up messes immediately. We know life is messy, especially when you have children and pets, which is why it’s important to clean their messes immediately. Because the longer a mess sits, the more likely it will become a stain.
5. Blot, don’t rub. If and when you do spill something on your carpet, blot the stain. Rubbing it will only spread the stain, making it harder to remove.
Following these tips will help keep your carpets looking and smelling great until the next time you schedule an appointment. And if the time is now, contact Rugsies today.